Job Description: Collector
Acting as a Collector, Skip Tracer or Team Lead, the Account Representative - Third Party uses variety of tools (Internet, credit bureau reports, electronic directory assistance, location service vendors, company databases, etc.) to verify consumer demographics and actively work the collection and management of delinquent accounts receivable. Work is performed within clearly defined areas of regulations and procedures, and is reviewed and monitored by a supervisor or manager.
- Contact consumers of past due accounts by correspondence and telephone to discuss and secure prompt payment.
- Present account information clearly and concisely to consumers.
- Document all consumer contact information and accounts quickly and accurately.
- Negotiate proper payment solutions to consumers, resulting in mutual problem solving
- Utilize established call model to secure a definite commitment to pay account balance in a timely manner.
- Identify both the extent of account delinquency and any missing information required to resolve the account.
- Determine the best method of collection and advise the consumer of consequences of non-payment.
- Secure or request financial data to support accounts that are deemed not collectable.
- Secure information to make adjustments, trace payments or change entity data as necessary.
- Utilize dialer or established routes to make telephone contact with consumer.
- Use skip trace tools to accurately locate and document information concerning consumer demographics.
- Maintain productivity requirements.
- Complete follow up actions and daily reports as required.
- Team Lead: Provide assistance to team members relative to clients, systems or collection techniques and requirements. Assist team members with difficult consumers by provide backup and talk offs as needed. As directed, run reports and provide feedback to associates regarding productivity.
- Protect all client consumer information used during collection efforts in accordance with company confidentiality policies and comply with Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures.
* High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Preferred
* Basic Internet and Skip Trace Navigation Tools skills
* Prior customer service and/or collection experience helpful
* Data entry skills
* Excellent communication skills - speaking and listening
* Ability to exercise tact and sound judgment
* Ability to Multi-task
* Ability to build rapport over the telephone and present information in a professional and accurate manner
* Team Leads: Training skill to facilitate transfer of knowledge to others. Strong prioritization and organizational skill